<< back to home



Day number 18.2.06 of the voyage

"stupid miki"

...as Eli would say.

Well lastnite I managed to get a ride into Hawley, find Fluff's Deli that sold the Shortline Bus tickets (which had moved in the past 3 years), found the bank to get my money out, back to the deli, bought my ticket, sat down to wait... then realised I didn't freaking pick up Mel's phone number when I left, so I walked to the corner diner, called the only number I knew by heart, got a sick-but-still-cute-with-glasses-on girl out to pick me up, and by the time I got back to Pocono House my bus to NY was leaving. FEH!

Luckily I got my money back for the ticket because 'Fluff' is a nice lady.

So lastnite was spent feeling stupid for forgetting the number and guilty for having to bum a ride out of central Hawley.
And sad because when I called Mel from here it made me miss her a hell of a lot that I couldn't make it. But she made me feel a lil better, as did the rest of her friends that the phone was passed to - the party turned into a 'let's drink to vicki' bash and they all joined in with a hearty Aussie Aussie Aussie which made me smile.

I spoke to her again tonite - damn I'm mad at myself. I really wanted to see her. Mel is the coolest American I know... Oh I am gonna get lynched now, I know it.

Before all this excitement I caught up with a guy Chris who used to work in the kitchen here with me, and we went to the Pines Tavern and had a few beers. One of lads, thats me. The bartender found my accent lovely, as did the bank teller in Hawley a little later in the evening, and each made me talk alot and repeat particular words.

I've been getting that alot lately :
After beer and hot wings and pizza - doing the US thang - Chris and I came back to Pocono where we promptly fell asleep. I'd had 2 pints and he'd had 3. Cadbury's.

Today I slept most of the day because I didn't sleep alot lastnite, as is increasing here... perhaps my bodyclock is adjusting prematurely?... and have been feeling a bit sick.
I woke up for dinner tho I had no appetite but knew I HAD to eat.
Then I called Mel again and told her my tummy hurt and was yucky.
She immediately asked "... did you eat the food at Woodloch??"

Mehehe, she worked in the kitchen too, she knows the score.

Hidecazu - one of the international boys here that I do not wish to kill, oh okay it's only that one girl I bitched about earlier that I want to slap silly - just came in and extended my 4 word Portguese vocabulary to 6 words! woot. Now I can say Hello, How are you?, Thankyou, Goodnight and now Good morning and... oh dear I've already forgotten Good Afternoon.
Okay, make that 5 words.

I also like him because he lets me borrow his guitar :)


P.S my mustard survived the footsteps, experiment completed:
snow-frozen mustard acquires the same gooey but firm quality of chewing gum... its actually quite icky.
One day I will be a scientist, and this knowledge will conquer world hunger or something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

SORRY darling, that you did not get to see Mel. I'm so sad for you, as you are too, I see.

Anyway it gives you a good excuse to return one day :-)

See ya soon
Mumsie

19/2/06 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home