<< back to home



Day number 14.2.06 of the voyage

Aww!

Ok, guess what??
I just patted a deer.
A wild (kinda) deer.
I was feeding them and they let me pat them on the head and cheek, and one licked my hand.
I wish I had 3 hands; one to feed, one to pat and one to take better pictures of it all. All the photos I just took are kinda half a deer's head, part of my hand, a deer eye, a foot, etc etc.

But who cares? I just patted a deer!
:D

See what happens when you go outside to put mustard in the snow to see what it looks like when it comes out frozen? You find deer.

They are so much friendlier than the ones that were here last time. I guess we spoiled them. I know they got to polish off the remains of the box of christmas cookies we had til mid-Jan. I wonder if the big one I petted was one of the little sprogs I made friends with last time?

Hmm :) That was lovely.

P.S I shall check on my mustard in an hour.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

"A deer for a dear" How sweet. How fantastic!
A wild creature having enough confidence in you, to trust you to just "love" it.
Nature is wonderful......
Yes! it probably was the little one from your last visit. I wonder if he DID remember you?

Mumsie

14/2/06 4:05 PM  
Blogger pirategirl yo ho's...

i think the fact that i was holding bread had something more to do with it.
screw confidence and trust, this girl has food!

14/2/06 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

well yes food fits into the category of "love" hey?

glad to hear you can stay at Pocono

mumsie

15/2/06 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home