<< back to home



Day number 9.2.06 of the voyage

Hello from Pocono!

The Pocono House at Woodloch is practically full - all 2 levels of it - and I have all these Brazillian and Peruvian names to try and remember, thanks to the sudden rush of 'new girl! let's all meet her!' I received this afternoon.

(I held back my urge to say 'well no actually YOU'RE the new girl :P hehehe)

I'm staying in the corner room... I forget which letter it was, and they now have numbers so I have no idea, but it was Mel's room - and so far it's only me.

As I suspected I received a luke warm welcome in the kitchen (except for Mariann who picked me up from Scranton airport, and Chuck whom I've not caught up with yet but who I hear talks about me all the time).

The front desk however, oh my god I forgot how many friends I made there.

Julie 'mum' Johansen and Maryann Clayton (our ski instructor) have both moved on, but Robin, Lynn and Jessica are still there and I got lots of hugs.

I also briefly caught up with Steve 'dad' Kisendahl. who also, after a few seconds passed and he recognised me, gave me a cuddle.

Teeheeheehee.

Randy and Elaine - they gave us breadcrumbs to follow back - were rather indifferent, but pleasant.

Woodloch and I have agreed to $20 a day for me to stay in the house until the 14th, which to my surprise includes food as well. That's good news but I feel a little awkward about it. Oh well, Im sure my hungry tummy will make me get over that quickly.

So yeah, compared to a hotel/motel/hostel like I'm used to staying in, that's a pretty good deal.

No snow... it's strange to actually see what the ground here looks like.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

glad all worked out well darling and only $20 a day. a good deal, it sounds like to me. cuddle a deer for me or at least say hello mehehehe!
Mumsie

9/2/06 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home