<< back to home



Day number 22.12.05 of the voyage

P.I

Tonight after work I went to Pleasure Island.
To be more accurate - I bummed around PI most of the day, went back to base, clocked out, got changed then headed back again to experience it as a guest - and also to take advantage of my free admission into clubs.
I started out the evening in The Comedy Warehouse - which is 5 awesome Improv'ers and a whizzbang muso on the keys in a few half-hour shows created on the spot. I supplied a title for a song for them to make called "Who stole my kangaroo?" It wasn't bad, and they were all very good, but I'm glad I didnt pay for it.
Second on my hitlist was a place I loved since I stepped into it on my induction day, The Adventurer's Club - imagine the film The Mummy, the scene where theyre all in the bar and they first notice the water turning to blood. This club is set in 1937 and there is STUFF everywhere! Spears and sheilds and busts and trophies and all sorts of props ornaments and artefacts adorn the walls and shelves. The various animal heads and busts speak to the guests and one of them reminded me of one of the old men from the muppets - the kind April says that Baz and I are. In the front bar section this puppeteered man on the wall sang us thru the Adventurers Club theme, taught us how to salute and then in we went into 'The Library' for the show. Other than the spunky Engligh pilot character, Sir Hathaway "Im Sorry Reverend Was That Your Daughter" Brown.
Improv mingling with guests keeping to some sort of script as work? Count me in.

Before my escapade to PI tho I 'worked' from noon til eight. It was boring cos we were overstaffed. I spent most of it bumming around and watching tv in the break room.
At the very beginning of the day I met with a few hiccups - verbalised later as 'A-Fucking-Mericans!' - but bumped into a few of my sweeter people and that made it all better.
Also I fell into conversation with 3 guests who loved me and my lil accent and my charming personality so much that they took a picture with me and told Guest Relations how wonderful I am.
Sigh, it's true I know. No autographs please.


and by the way
For Jane:
Current count of interested black men: Four

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home