<< back to home



Day number 13.12.05 of the voyage

Yay presents

Today I did most of Zone 1, the second largest zone in Downtown Disney, pretty much all by myself. But Im getting used to that and frankly I'd kinda prefer it - its just this whole learning stage...yknow when I already feel stupid for asking things that I, in my 'I am Wonder Woman' attitude, feel I should know by now.

When I got back to base I told them that for having a lame partner (which they agreed my assigned partner was indeed so), and with my radio/walkie talkie battery dying so I was out of contact, and having little to no clue about the zone, I not only did a damn fine job, but I proved that I was indeed worth my weight in gold.

After feeling like I hadnt done much all day & doing my best to keep busy and do everything on my list, I was approached by my partner (the first time since he deserted me to fend for myself this morning as soon as we retrieved keys) and told to take break. I told him I had had my two breaks today already.
I was doing the trash run - alone - and he said he'd take it from here. I said I was fine and that we'll do it together... yknow, like it says for us to?
He told me to go take a breather. I told him I was fine again.
He said I was doing too much. I told him I felt like I wasn't doing enough but that I reckon I did a good job since he decided to walk off this morning, and went back to doing the run.
He took the cart from me and told me not to do too much. I looked at him with a 'what??' face.
He said I was making him look bad.

It was only because we were amongst the guests that I didnt yell "WELL GOOD COS YOU ARE!" like I wanted to.

Instead, I took off my gloves, threw them into his cart, said "Fine, finish it yourself if you want" and muttered an insincere and relatively sarcastic thanks. Then I told him what I'd already done so he'd know what was left. He stared at me like I'd told him I'd walked on water.

I shrugged and walked off to the custodial closet I'd stowed my jacket in, and tried to keep one of the service guidlines I try to keep in the back of my mind most: Display appropriate body language at all times.

For some reason, the interaction really bugged me.

I got to the closet, made sure the heavy door locked behind me, pulled out one of the little towels from the pouch on my belt and cried into it.

Having already had a messed up day yesterday, worse still by the fact that yesterday was my day off and was supposed to be therefore a nice day, I evidently had some steam to release.

For a brief moment, as I heard guests going past I did have a small smirk at if they only knew that just on the other side of this locked door, someone was sobbing themselves stupid here in The Happiest Place on Earth.

After relieving that pressure and composing myself after a few minutes, making sure I still looked human again and giving myself a rather disgusted talking to, I headed back to base a little early, ready for the day to be over.

When I clocked out, I told base that my radio was dead and so was the other guy's. Eli, one of the coordinators, said 'oh, G-----, yeah he's not the best partner...'
He giggled at me in a friendly way when I simply said 'Hmm, I'm not saying anything..." Then informed me that downstairs in our managers office were our christmas presents.

I got changed, scanned my costume back into wardrobe to be cleaned, then trudged downstairs. The tiny little lady whose name I forget, Grace I think, was all smiley and told us merry christmas and handed out little A4 sized boxes. Inside I've just found a rather nice picture frame with a little golden magic castle emblem on it and Walt Disney World and room for a cool shot or two.

Yay presents. That perked me up a little. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

VIX!
Next time ass face or any other person parading around with an ass for a face gets to you, before you whip out your little tear towel again, think of 'Beawow....Beawow...' and the fortune we will recieve from future projects.... THEN see if ass face is worth a tear up.

You're doing a splendy job up there so far away. Very proud. And reading of your random antics entertains me greatly.

ANd pressies! Ohhh. i keep forgettings its christmas! I really need to buy a small sparkly light up tree. Or i will just forget it's crimbo altogether!

Enjoy your time. For when you get back here, I'll be working your ASS off in a cabin of musical delight.

14/12/05 4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home