<< back to home



Day number 19.12.05 of the voyage

Bleh

It seems all some people can do is complain to others, even uninvolved or disinterested parties - I saw it lastnite, I saw it today. I see it in guests, I see it in cast. I hear it at home sometimes, I hear it at work other times.

Negativity... what a waste of time and energy.

Today was a challenge - working 2 shifts back to back like that, to find out I really didn't have to quite like that (aka my schedule wasn't updated and I wasnt informed that I started an hour later than the others cos I'd worked lastnight's late shift).
But meh, it wont be a repeated mistake, and despite my doubts, I managed 7hours out of my 8. When everyone else finished, one of my cool bosses (she loves me) told me to go home. I told her I'd just finish these last 2 tasks and she said no, you need to go home now, and she gave me a lift in the golf cart thingo back to base.


It's doing this sort of thing that makes you realise what kind of person you really are.

I've been meaning to blog that statement since Day One.

It's true though.

I dont mean this kind of work. You can do pretty much what I'm doing anywhere, give or take some tasks.
No, I mean to pick up everything and find your own way to some place on the otherside of the globe, work for an internationally recognised company, get your foot in the door, and make it on your own in completely different circumstances and surroundings.

Slag it all you want, but it took alot to get me here and yeah okay I'm just a pawn in the masterplan for now.
I've even told my other castmembers when they ask me to do things: "Sure, I'm a tool - pick me out of the garage, use me for whatever you want, dust me down, and hang me up again. That's me. Vicki your little Aussie pawn."

But hey, I'm cool with that. I do that shit at home, so why not do it somewhere fun, somewhere famous, and somewhere that can take me other places.
Yeah I'm starting on the bottom, so what? Only one direction to go from there. And as Mr Hell says: "I started out as low as you could go, which is a good place to look up women's skirts..."

Mehe.

But anyway, as I say with all things in life: Don't knock it til you've tried it.

And if you knock it anyway, I'll simply say "I'm in another country; working, travelling, meeting new people and making the most of my life... what are you doing?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

.. i cant breathe

20/12/05 3:36 AM  
Blogger pirategirl yo ho's...

i'd see a doctor if i were you, that could be a bit of a problem, not breathing.
you should make friends with the sexy nurse down the street and get her to check you out.
i hear shes damn hot.

20/12/05 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home