<< back to home



Day number 28.12.05 of the voyage

what???

Okay so get this.

In case we were in danger of thinking that my head couldn't get any larger...

So we have breakout this morning (pre-shift meeting) and I catch up with Mike my former trainer to finish signing paperwork we should have done four weeks ago but didnt.
We're sitting in the office downstairs and somehow we end up talking about how long I've been here and how long I have left and what I'm going to do when I get home and if I'm happy to leave or not.
I tell him that I'm not exactly aching painfully to get home and that when I do I'm thinking of maybe not going back to school.
So then we start talking about extension of programs etc and I tell him my plan from the start has been to get on the Disney Cruiselines - that's all I'm here for.
He mentions that I should talk to Harold, the training manager whom I've met twice before, and then before I know it the three of us are talking about positions in management.

Sorry, what?
A manager??

Harold tells me all this crap about my work ethic and attitude and agrees with Mike that I'd be an excellent manager.

I can really only gape at both of them and ask eventually "where on Earth are you getting this idea from???"

First yesterday I'm patted on the back by a manager for simply doing a routine BBP clean-up, then I'm pulled aside and told I'm an excellent castmember and the Coordinator's really proud of me... and now this.

They want a rookie custodial as a manager? Are they that desperate?

Some crazy Australian shitkicker/cleaner who leads guests to the restroom by forming a conga-line and walking them down the promenade of zone 7?
(Okay, that was only once and it was toward the end of today's shift)

I can't get out the door... head... too... big.

Seriously tho
It's given me something to think about.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

Hmmmm. Maybe they're getting that idea because
(a) you're clever,
(b) you're not scared to work hard,
(c) you have the courage to stick your neck out and travel half way around the world from sleepy little Adelaide to a foreign country, to do a job which may open new career opportunities for you (and you and I know that they don't get much more foreign than some of the weirdos who hang out in Orlando FL).

Face it Vixen - some of us have got wise to the fact that you're a lot cleverer and a lot smarter than you let on in some of your blogs.

*hugs*, *kisses* and all those sortsa things,
Carla

PS
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year etc. I'm heading off to Peru/Chile next, via Vancouver, SF and LA - wanna catch up in California somewhere, or go snowboarding in WA?

28/12/05 11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

Yeah... What she said!
You go, girl! Well done!

29/12/05 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

Makes sense though... better to promote someone actually capable irrespective of the fact they're new than to dish out promotions based on seniority, where you end up getting the people who hate their job but are only sticking around for the managerial prospects.

*shrug*

Giddyup !

A mate of mine started working as a Disney Shitkicker and 7 years later has just resigned as Training & Development Manager of Celebrity Cruiselines.

Carpe fuckin' Diem man.

Jason =)

31/12/05 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

Hello my love. Hey, no matter what country you are in, we'll still love you just as much! And we all know that ur smart, talented, loyal and damn fine in the looks department. I mean we know it, perfect strangers find it out fairly swiftly, so I don't know why Disney wouldn't catch on to it... I, ruv u... BUG!?!

9/1/06 1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home