<< back to home



Day number 25.12.05 of the voyage

Melly Chlistmas!

my shift for Christmas Eve was 11:30-8pm.

"Vicki can you stay until 12:30?"

"I'd.... love.... to..."

Why did I say that???

Anyway, I worked my 12.5 hours, came back home around 1am, had a bath, got changed and went downstairs to where friends had invited me over for their little gathering. Most of us had just finished work too so it was a very quiet shindig, and they gave a me a plate of food and we all just sat and chatted for a while.
Then I came back up to my apartment where most people were asleep to work again today, so I cracked open a beer (albeit an icky Miller) turned on the tv belonging to my roomate and fell asleep in my clothes til about 11 this morning.

So it's Christmas Day and nothing's open but Walgreens and CVS (Pharmacy & Convenient Stores) and people are working and cast arent allowed into the theme parks today so as to avoid extra guest traffic congestion so it's going to be a boring christmas for me.
But perhaps that's a good thing.
One roomie is making Christmas cookies and taking many phonecalls from family and another is talking on the phone in Chinese to her family. I'm trying to get pictures of them when they're not looking so I can have some where they dont hide their faces.

Most of you have all had your Christmas lunches and dinners and had to sit thru gruelling interaction with long lost relatives, hope you all came thru it okay.
Right now, I'm off to go play with the squirrels outside for a while.

I've gotten over that scene in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. They were a little scary dragging Veruca to the garbage chute.
'I don't want just any squirrel, I want a trained squirrel'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home