<< back to home



Day number 27.12.05 of the voyage

And a Happy New Year...

Yesterday marked the first of my 6 day week til New Years, most of which is the AM shift again - bleh. I miss my sleep-ins already.
The highlights of yesterday were:
    Discovering that if were so inclined I could nap relatively comfortably by arranging some of the boxes in one of the closets and half-laying/half-leaning on them - but I don't do that....

    Being on the scene for a BBP clean-up in Cap'n Jacks Restaurant after one of the kitchen staff severed his ring finger from his left hand

Yes there's a note for future reference kids, when a giant stab-blender thing falls from your counter and is switched on, let the fucker fall - don't try and catch it.

Today the highlights of my day were:
    Being praised by a manager, a supervisor, and a fellow castmember, and saying how proud they are of me

    One of the nice black guys I work with passing me his number and saying how nice it'd be to talk to me

    Being called someone's sweet cuddly koala

    When I was coming home, getting told I'm more attractive when I smile


Teehee.

Some other things that stood out today that were not nearly as nice was hearing/seeing a mother beat her daughter in the disabled stall of one of the restrooms I was checking on. The other guests and I just looked at each other with the same look and - and I'm sure Disney would grr at me for it - I muttered to someone "Yep, Happiest Place On Earth..."
Also, passing several people having their own private war in the middle of Downtown Disney on cell phones -- Americans and their drama. Damn.

I made my day better by running thru the Interactive Fountain on the way back to base (water squirting up in different sequences and you don't know which part is going to spurt next). Its fun to watch the really little kids play on it, and squeal when they get squirted. I managed to miss most of them except for a tricky one that scored the side of my foot just before I had finished crossing. I've watched that thing for ages and still haven't worked out the timing - it still seems so random, like some hidden guy is just watching pushing buttons. It wouldn't shock me - and then I'd ask how could I get that job...


Count of Interested Black Men:
Five

Funny 'Only in America'sightings thus far:
Mr Rooter USA
Gaylord Palms Resort
Hooters and The Crab House side by side on a street

Weeks worked:
Four

Weeks to go:
Four

Parks visited:
None :(



Sometimes I wish I had a direct mental link to my blog - I always have everything in my head in the right order and all planned, then I get to blog and it disappears and I end up guessing half of it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

Hi Vix,

My Christmas was shit. I'm about to read how yours was.

Keep smiling,

Veronica xx

28/12/05 5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home