<< back to home



Day number 28.1.06 of the voyage

Roving Review

Moshi Moshi Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar on Washington Ave.

Meal: Combo E - Shrimp Tempura & Chicken Teriyaki with Miso Soup.
Price: $15.95 + Tax
Full Factor: Very Satisfilling

This restaurant is just by my hostel. You literally walk out the door, past the al fresco tables of the Mexican place on the corner and in a few steps you're at Moshi Moshi.

I was feeling rather hungerish and was looking for some value in this abhorrantly leech-like tourist town.

After peeking at the menu on the door I walked in and went into a slight timewarp back to 1999, my first international travel to Japan.

If you're not a purist looking for tradition, and are happy just to have pleasant company and a warm atmosphere, then you'd enjoy Moshi Moshi.

Complete with waving cat statues and paper lamps advertising Japanese beer and fairylights around the wall, I sat down at a corner table and ordered my meal.
It was about this time I noticed the little rubber toy sharks dangling from the ceiling above each table. I figured it was just for gag atmosphere but soon learnt by watching a nearby table that squeezing your shark will get you service. I found this endlessly hilarious (as did the little boy in the booth next to my table).

My waitress was a lovely tiny Japanese lady and I spoke to her in what little I could remember and manage of the language including Thankyou, That was delicious, and the 'blessing before eating' itadakimasu. She said I did fine and asked when had I been to Japan, and we chatted a little as she cleared my table.

Overall this place is definately on my hitlist to come back to.



I leave on the bus to Wisconsin at 7:30pm tomorrow. So I have some more time for exploring between checkout tomorrow morning and then.

Once again, no idea what my internet access will be like, but either way I'll be off comms for 2 days whilst bussing.
Enjoy your week. xx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

You go, girl! (But don't forget to come back.) xx

30/1/06 5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous yo ho's...

Helllllo!
just checking in with the morning report.

Check out the awesome new podcast!
also, soon the HotTips site will be running faster than a panther! ... panther!

How you doin? Good times i hope.
anyway, back to the horde of work i have to do.

30/1/06 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home