<< back to home



Day number 19.1.06 of the voyage

Illuminations

Tonight Jonathon and I went to Epcot after work, but most of the rides were closed or closing at 7:30pm so we decided to go another day if we could.
Epcot spans around the circumference of a lake and each part of it is a different part of the world. We only got as far as Mexico, past China & Germany and into Norway. In Norway we had a almond covered glazed pretzel which I will admit even I had trouble finishing, and went on the Viking ride. As a pirate, I salute my pillaging brothers the Vikings. When/if we go again, I would like my picture taken on the Viking ship outside.

After guiding Jonathon past the statue of the Norwegian troll (eyes firmly shut and whimpering slightly because he's afraid of trolls) we set up camp by the lake to watch the Illuminations pyrotechnics show.

It was pretty good, albeit loud and very bright. Once again, the pictures I took seem to have come out not too bad at all.

One of the rides we managed to catch was Mission Space which was... sickeningly awesome. The "mission briefing" captain man in the video at the start was played by none other than Gary Sinise and it was a little painful to note that his eyes were sweeping from side to side as he read the script above the camera.
Feh, and people called me the sellout. Come on Gary, you should be playing opposite Tom Hanks in another award winning flick, not telling me that I'm about to become the first astronaut to set down on Mars and to push this button when you tell me to, and that if I suffer from motion sickness I should not partake in this ride.
Other than that, the ride was actually pretty cool. They use G-force etc to make you feel like you're flying for real.

I love that shit. I may have to do it again on the return visit.

Or alternately I can go to the Magic Kingdom again and ride Space Mountain again.
Space Mountain for the unenlightened is an 'indoor' rollercoaster in almost pitch blackness, with only pinpoints of lights ("stars") and the occasional exit sign. You can't see where you're going, you just go. I always hold my hat and say to myself "I'm flyyyyyyiiiiing".

In other news, I am working every day til I leave, so all this visiting of stuff and things will be crammed around my schedule. I've started to adopt a theory of "meh, I'll catch up on sleep on the bus to Wisconsin."

I still want to go swashbuckling at DisneyQuest, see Cirque Du Soleil, visit Disney-MGM Studios, and pick up some bargains at Property Control. As well as this I need to pack, gather contact details, and somehow attend my graduation.

Even thinking about it all makes me tired!

Speaking of which, I should be in bed. Early shift again tomorrow - er 'today'.
Ick.

Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home