<< back to home



Day number 31.1.06 of the voyage

Hmm - Part Two

So about a week ago I had my last shift ever at Disney - well this time around anyway.

As I turned in my keys and checklists, I broadcast a last call over the radio before going 10-7 (out of service):

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, this is your cute Australian speaking. I just want to wish you all a happy night, a happy week, and a happy rest of the time until I see you again. So enjoy yourselves, keep smiling, and thanks for being my mates."

Then a flood of responses came over the radio that made me a little sad as I walked to the office to hand in my radio and clock out.

My boss-boss bumped into me on his way out and told me how great I am. At about this time I was closing myself off before I began to feel too emotional. I managed a smile and said "Thankyou. Goodnight Sir."

I've picked up the Sir and Ma'am thing. Hmm that'll be a little weird to hear myself say out of the Disney context now.

When I returned to my apartment I was met with a drunken wave of Brazillians. Which actually I didn't appreciate since I wanted sleep and still had laundry to do and had to check out in the morning, but instead I had to look after a room-mate who drank too much, and be pulled this way and that by Brazillians proclaiming their love for me and saying how much they'll miss me etc.

Nathan came over and gave me rubs to relax me once all the drunkards passed out. Then after a while I rolled him out the door and me into bed to get at least some sleep.
3 hours later I was up, packed and out by 11am. Not bad at all, tho I've no idea how I managed it.

My taxi driver gave me a slice of his breakfast pizza, and he was thus my new bestfriend since I hadn't eaten in hours upon hours.

Right now the rest is blur.
Here several hundred miles away a week or so later, the Disney part of this trip feels surreal, like I dreamed it. I guess when I get back to Orlando in a few weeks to fly out home again it'll hit me that yes this really did happen, and yes it really is over this time.

But as for now, I'm going to enjoy the second half of my adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home